11 HUGS, 5 children, 6 adults (1 husband, 3 neighborhood friends, 1 waste disposal employee, 1 Smith’s Farm employee)
I knew I would get around to it eventually. I have been given 3 awards! 1 Versatile Blogger Award and 2 Stylish Blogger Awards. I will try to keep this post as short as possible, but first and foremost, I want to say how privileged I feel to be writing something so touching. This concept was mine, but the experiences are a gift that is being given to me over and over again and I have the pleasure of sharing it with you. Receiving recognition from my readers that these experiences are a gift to you as well is like the frosting on the cake. A gift within a gift. It is not just the awards either, any time I hear comments from any of you, my heart swells with love.
The Versatile Blogger Award was given to me on May 15th (I know! I waited FAR too long on this one) by Kerri at Practicing Contemplative. Thank you so much Kerri for giving me my first award! Now, my job is to pass on these awards and share a little about myself. I will pass them along and then share myself at the bottom of the blog. My picks for the Versatile Blogger Award are:
1. Kindness Girl – Such an inspiring blog with tons of great ideas to spread kindness!
2. Crankiness Crusher – New favorite! Dr. Crankenstein is so funny and easy to relate to. We have all had a day (or years) of crankiness and her mission is to end it!
3. Be Positive Mom – I have actually linked to her about me page. Her story on why her blog is named Be Positive is beautiful. I find myself reading and following inspirational uplifting blogs and hers definitely qualifies!
The first Stylish Blogger Award I received from The Silver Kick Diaries on June 14. Shabana is easily one of my favorite people and it was such an honor to receive this from her. She is the ULTIMATE stylish blogger! My 2nd Stylish Blogger Award was given to me by Anceeta another incredibly stylish blogger living in Bahrain. I am awed and honored to be followed by her. My pics for the Stylish Blogger Award are:
1. Radical Ramblings and Thoughts of a Southern Girl – Pam’s writing is so beautiful and her accompanying pictures are amazing as well. I look forward to her posts and following her on her journey through life.
2. MommyMindSpa – Ro provides us with daily Mom-Me moments that are perfect uplifting and a reminder to take a moment for ourselves. Follow her if you ever find yourself overwhelmed. (don’t we all!)
3. Kaileen Elise – A beautiful writer, a beautiful blog and very inspiring.
4. Katlupe – A homesteader. Don’t know what it is? Check it out! I find her lifestyle amazing and I aspire to live a similar style some day.
Ok, now 7 things you don’t know about me. (because I am sooooo fascinating)
1. I love to dance. I took dance lessons until I was 18 and want to take them again.
2. I own a pair of Manolo Blahnik shoes that I bought BK (before kids).
3. I got a penpal from England in 5th grade. I am still in touch with her.
4. I love to walk. I once walked from my house to my grandparents (a 20 minute drive) just because I could.
5. I love beer. Dark beer. And lots of it.
6. I have extra bone at the roof of my mouth (rare). I have had a doctor tell me most people with it have a high bone density. Guess what? 🙂
7. I want to hug every single one of you!
There is a little peek into me. Hope you get as much enjoyment out of the blogs above as I have.
Please accept this blog as my virtual hug to you.