1 New Hug (1 Mary Kay friend)
Today made me feel like this.
Why? Let me count the reasons:
1. 2 extra hours with my 6 year old first thing in the morning. (snow delay!)
2. Watching a 6 year old walk in to school with her grandparents. She danced around a tree, hit a branch and laughed heartily as she got pelted with small slivers of ice.
3. Reading all of the heartwarming and inspirational comments on facebook for my friend that just started chemo even though most of my devoted readers don’t know her.
4. Getting a wonderful surprise while running on the treadmill at the gym. They have a video in to the child care room. I got to spy on my 2 year old. Sooooo fun.
5. Squishing the face of the newest 4 pawed family member of a neighbor friend. He has the softest, smushiest face around.
6. Thoroughly enjoying the almost 2 hours spent in the car in the middle of the day while little one took a nap. (peaceful me time!)
7. Having someone tell me how kind I was when I shared how much joy her daughter brought me this morning.
8. Running back and forth between my house and my neighbors house while trying to cook, play cards, enjoy a gin and tonic and watch our boys play together.
9. Beating said friend in the card game…
10. Hearing 6 year old send healing thoughts to our friend with cancer during prayer at dinner.
11. Hearing him then ask for a family cuddle/tv time before bed.
12. The side glances hubby and I gave each other while trying to conceal laughter when 2 year old was misbehaving (shoving whole meatballs in his mouth at once) at dinner.
13. Feeling like a fool trying to make myself smile for the picture you see above.
14. Knowing when I walk away from this computer I get to lounge in the comfortable, safe loving arms of my hubby. Ok – end of list, gotta go!
Please accept this blog as my virtual hug to you.